Sunday 27 July 2014

The 1st full weekend

Friday 25th to Sunday 27th July

Symptoms:

Skin better on hand. Still very sensitive and easily aggravated but much better.

Eyes still swelling overnight but not as dry and itchy.

Stomach: Wheat free is proving to be a success. Reduced dairy (no high fat items. No butter, no ice cream, only skimmed milk and milk alternatives)

Saturday night I did have a tiny pot of panacotta from M&S and it would seem that the dairy in that was enough to cause cramps but nothing too severe.

Food:

In general terms meals over the 3 days have included Lots of fruit; Melon, strawberries, mango, blueberries and banana. Veg, chicken, salmon, M&S GF sausages and GF Beefburgers. Rice, Potatoes, eggs, NO Bread. GF treats.

Even hubby has been GF with me all weekend and he says the lack of bread doesnt bother him at all. He would rather have more protein than carbs.

He loves Mrs Crimbles range cos they do 2 types of coconut biscuit/cake and almond slices.  So all in all its going really well. 

Hubby will still get his usual butties for tomorrow but the rest of the week will be up to him what he eats.

I have yet to try GF bread. I did try some once before but found it tasted too much like the packaging it came in. 

I am hoping to lose some weight during all of this so I am trying to avoid making my own GF bread for the time being, but I do have the option to give it a try.


New items to try this week:

  • Rice Flour
  • Whey Protein powder
  • Agave syrup



Rice flour and protein powders are to test out for making some pancakes this week.  They are not as high in calories as you might think and as long as I keep within my kcal intake for the day it gives me a treat.

I tried a flour free banana pancake recipe but despite following all the hints and tips I was given it still tasted like eating sweet fried egg to me so I definitely need a powder ingredient to add to them .



Weight:

I last got weighed on 5th July. Yesterday I got weighed to see if this 1st week had seen me lose any weight.

I dont know what changes may have taken place across the 3 weeks but my weight reading is 2lbs less now than it was on July 5th.

Hopefully I can keep losing that on a weekly basis (or 8-10lbs in a month) 
I tend to lose in 1 week then nothing for 3, then I can suddenly lose 7lbs. Odd metabolism, but as long as I can see weight loss it will be an added bonus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment